Please click on the title bar of this post to see the comment box so that you can tell me, all my fans and your fans  3 or more book titles with authors’ names in your bibliography (whether you write fiction or non-fiction).

Day 11 of 22 – Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days

Cheers from Coach Teresa LeYung Ryan

Coach Teresa’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/teresaleyung

Bookmark and Share

16 Responses to “Day 11 of 22 – Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days”

• Hi Teresa, It’s taking me more than 22 days to get through your workbook, but I haven’t given up! Here are some books I will have in my bibliography because they played a part in inspiring me to write my memoir, Reversible Skirt: The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, Before Women Had Wings by Connie Mae Fowler, The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston, Are You Somebody by Nuala O’Faloain, and Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame. All the best to you, Laura McHale Holland, author of Reversible Skirt and the soon to be released flash fiction collection, The Ice Cream Vendor’s Song.

• admin says:

Laura

The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston is a book that has inspired you too! You probably already know, Maxine will be speaking at California Writers Club–Mt. Diablo Branch on June 9, 2012 at their luncheon meeting.

Wonderful that you have invested more than 22 days in my workbook to further build your platform. The reason why I created the 22 program is because . . . when we stick to something for 21 consecutive days, we develop a new habit.

You are the new You by the 22nd day! Investing more than 22 days for your writer’s platform? Brava!

I am so happy for you.

I can’t wait to read your publications.

Cheers to you!
    Sincerely,
    Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan

• Kathleen Leonard says:

I love writing but marketing is not my thing. However, I know it is necessary so I thank you for your inspiration. Here are some books I used to help me write my novel How Far to Heaven. Again, thanks for your help!

Goddesses in Every Woman by Jean Shinoda Bolen
    The Power of Myth by Joseph Campell
    The Heroin’s Journey by Maureen Murdock
    Casting the Circle by Diane Stein

• admin says:

Dear Author Kathleen Leonard,
    “Marketing” will get easier, even loads of fun, when you focus on your platform-statements and talk about the people who inspire you (the way you are honoring Jean Shinoda Bolen, Joseph Campbell, Maureen Murdock and Diane Stein in your blog post comment here).
    I’m cheering for you and How Far to Heaven!
    Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan

• Lea Page says:

Hi Teresa,

I am finding the day-by-day accruing of connections to be helpful and not overwhelming (very important for me, since I shy away from marketing).

This exercise (#11) is challenging because I did NOT use any other books for research, and I wrote my book in part because I found that no other parenting book said what I thought needed to be said. In fact, I stopped reading parenting books a decade ago because I was so fed up with them. My book is based solely on my experience with my own children and my work with other mothers.

After my book was written, I read Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird, a book about writing. She does for writers what I hope to have done for parents: she shows them that they are not alone with their struggles, challenges and failures, she offers a few graspable general guiding principals along with practical advice, and she does it with compassion and humor.

I am not sure what other titles I can list or where to go from here. I can see the value in the exercise, but I am not sure how to proceed with it.

Thanks,
    Lea Page

• admin says:

Dear Lea,
    I love seeing unique success that each author creates for herself/himself while doing the exercises in my 22-day program. Your declaration: “After my book was written, I read Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird, a book about writing. She does for writers what I hope to have done for parents — she shows them that they are not alone with their struggles, challenges and failures, she offers a few graspable general guiding principals along with practical advice, and she does it with compassion and humor.” SHOWS me that the tags: “Anne Lamott” and “Bird by Bird” WILL help you with the rest of Exercise #11. Also, I see other powerful tags in your declaration: practical advice; she does it with compassion and humor. That’s what your fans will be saying about your book. Brava!

You and your writer-friends may be interested in this free webinar:
    register with https://www.authorlearningcenter.com

3 Steps to Building Your Fanbase While Writing Your Fiction or Nonfiction Book with Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan

May 28, 2013 at 4:30pm Pacific Time / 7:30pm Eastern Time

Is your fiction or nonfiction project being turned down by agents or acquisition editors because you do not have a platform? Or, are you published and you want more readers? Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan will show you how to thrive in the publishing arena and have fun too. Platform made simple! By making your name stand for something—to attract targeted consumers (your fans)—who are likely to buy what you have to sell. Learn how to help your fans find you, before and after publication! From the author of Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW.

Cheering for Lea!
    Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan

• Diana Lynn says:

The Creative Writer’s Phrase-Finder Paperback – January, 1984 by Edward Prestwood

Code Blue (Behind the Scenes)
    Code Blue: A Writer’s Guide to Hospitals, Including the ER, OR and ICU (Behind the Scenes) Authors: David Page, Keith Wilson

The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character ExpressionMay 9, 2012
    by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi

• Three titles that will be included in my bibliography are:

The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
    Alice in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
    Romeo and Juliet – William Shakespeare

These are titles that have inspired me, rather than texts from which I draw research.

Missy Kirtley
    Through my books The Royals, Three Tiers, Under, and others, I awaken a love of reading in teens and adults alike by showing them familiar stories in new and intriguing ways.

Buy my “The Royals” series, available now on Amazon!

• The three titles that will be in the bibliography of the non-fiction I’m now writing will be:

The Muse Is In: An Owner’s Manual to Your Creativity (2013) by Jill Badonsky
    Beyond Fearless: How to Remove Every Hindrance From Your Life by Ericka D. Jackson
    Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance from Evil Spirits (2010) by Neal Lozano and John Sanford.

Chris Boersma Smith, the Team Leader of UNBOUND Ministry at Mary Star of the Sea (Gualala, CA) and an expressive Spiritivity coach who believes in the power of the Holy Spirit plus hand-on creativity to ignite transformational breakthroughs that will spark each person to do more, be more, and enjoy more.

• admin says:

Brava! Who is Chris Boersma Smith? Chris Boersma Smith is the Team Leader of UNBOUND Ministry at Mary Star of the Sea (Gualala, CA) and an expressive Spiritivity coach who believes in the power of the Holy Spirit plus hand-on creativity to ignite transformational breakthroughs that will spark each person to do more, be more, and enjoy more.
    Chris is halfway to the finishing line of my program Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days. Just look at the empowering tags associated with her name!
    Cheering for Chris Boersma Smith!
    Sincerely,
    Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan

• These are three books that I would include in a bibliography:

WRITING ALONE AND WITH OTHERS by Pat Schneider
    LETTERS TO A YOUNG NOVELIST by Mario Vargas Llosa
    ON WRITING by Stephen King

• admin says:

Dear author and writing coach Valerie Haynes Perry,

I am so happy to see your declaration of your platform statement!

Valerie Haynes Perry says:
    “Through my book, Write the Book You Want—-Be Your Own Coach, I motivate serious writers to embrace the experience of completing their own books.”

Valerie, thank you for supporting Laurel Book Store and getting Build Your Writer’s Platform and Fanbase in 22 Day. I am cheering for you as you continue having fun with my 22 day program.

Sincerely,
    Coach Teresa

Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan says: “You CAN compete for attention when YOU know how to grow YOUR fanbase by articulating YOUR platform statement and training your fans to promote YOU before and after publication. Reach out, not stress out!” Coach Teresa is the author of Build Your Writer’s Platform and Fanbase in 22 Day: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW

• Hi Teresa,
    Thanks for this task; it was very thought-provoking. Here are three books in my bibliography:

Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey
    The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
    A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony

• admin says:

Dear Kathrine LaFleur, author of the young adult fantasy series Cardonian Chronicles,

Wonderful! You are on Day 11 of the 22-Day “Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase” journey. I look forward to seeing your platform statement as you connect your name to your tags and mighty themes.

I’m happy to read about you –

Kathrine LaFleur enjoys nurturing a love of reading and writing in her students.

On August 25, 2016, 7:00pm Laurel Book Store in collaboration with Juma Ventures will welcome author Kathrine LaFleur in launching her new book Moonlight Hunting.

Kathrine LaFleur empowers readers to value their unique qualities and inspire them to transform obstacles into opportunities to triumph; Juma strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education, and financial capability for youth across America.

Cheers to you, your protagonist Moonlight, and Juma!

Sincerely,
    Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan
    “Reach out, not stress out. Enjoy your writer’s journey.”

• Dear Teresa,
    Here are three books from the bibliography of my book-in-process, “Growing a Generous Soul: Shaping Stewards of God’s Grace:”
    1. “Contagious Generosity” by Chris Willard and Jim Sheppard (2012)
    2. “Why Good Things Happen to Good People,” by Stephen Post and Jill Neimark (2007)
    3. “Generosity: Moving toward life that is truly life,” a four-week devotional by Gordon MacDonald (2010).
    Thank you for all the helps in your workbook!
    Betsy Schwarzentraub, generousstewards.wordpress.com

• admin says:

Dear Author Betsy Schwarzentraub,
    What an impressive bibliography for your wonderful book Growing a Generous Soul: Shaping Stewards of God’s Grace.
    I am proud to know you.
    Cheering for you and your books!
    Sincerely,