10 Talking-Points from Writing Coach Teresa for Bay Sunday on CBS 5
Writing Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan here, ready for tomorrow’s taping for Bay Sunday at CBS 5 in San Francisco, CA!
Thank you, producer Akilah Bolden-Monifa!
Yours truly ( Teresa LeYung-Ryan) … honored to have been chosen with Joan Gelfand, Ishmael Reed, and Pireeni Sundaralingam!
Thank you, Kim McMillon, for pitching us to Akilah!
My first appearance on television was on Bay Sunday in 2003; Kim had pitched me then!
* * * * * *
Producer Akilah Bolden-Monifa emailed:
Our regular host Frank Mallicoat is on assignment so Elizabeth Wenger will host, she will be familiar with all of your books. It should be a great show.
Thanks to all and thank you, Kim, for helping me book this excellent show. I am honored to have you all on. I will be mainly in the control room producing but hope to say hi to each of you. And I will let you know when we have an air date.
* * * * * *
10 talking-points that Coach Teresa submitted:
• What is Coach Teresa’s definition of a writer’s platform?
“Making your name stand for something—to attract targeted consumers—who are likely to buy what you have to sell.”
• Why does a writer need to promote? Wouldn’t an agent or the publisher handle that?
• Aren’t platforms only for “how to” books?
• I write fiction; I have received awards; wouldn’t great writing speak for itself?
• How much does it cost to build my writer’s platform?
• I’m an introvert. Can I build my platform without having to appear in person?
• What is branding?
• Why do I need fans before my book is published?
• Which is the “better” route – find an agent who will find the publisher OR find the publisher myself OR be my own publisher?
• Coach Teresa, your workbook is Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days . Why 22 days?
“Reach out, not stress out, to materialize your dearest dreams.”
Writing Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan helps her clients identify themes, universal archetypes, front-story and back-story. As coach and author of Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days, she says: “Make your name synonymous with the issues you write about, whether you’re writing fiction or nonfiction.”
Teresa has built her own platform happily; her novel Love Made of Heart and her short play Answer Me Now carry the themes closest to her heart: mother-daughter relationship, and, speaking openly about stigmas attached to mental illness.
Please visit her website & blog http://writingcoachteresa.com
* * * * * *
CBS 5′s Bay Sunday is an eclectic mix of light news, arts and community information all tossed up in lively conversation. The show airs on Sundays at 5:30am.
Become a fan: www.facebook.com/BaySunday
Archived shows: www.facebook.com/BaySunday