Posts Tagged ‘building platform’
Click on underscored text to jump over to referenced websites. To submit questions/comments to this article/post:
- Click on the blue header (title bar) of this post
- Scroll down until you see boxes and fill in the boxes (you do need an email address to submit questions/comments; if you have a website/blog, do promote it by keying in the address)
- After you fill in the boxes, you might want to keep a copy of your question/comment before clicking the “submit comment” button. Thank you!
Coach Teresa . . . starting a new format with my blog posts
Since I wear 3 hats, as writing career coach & author who helps you Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days / editor & manuscript consultant who helps you identify themes and archetypes / novelist of Love Made of Heart who encourages adult children of mentally ill parents to speak openly about the stigmas and find resources for their families, I wish to divide my post into 3 sections.
As 22-day Platform-Building Coach:
Promote yourselves by linking your names & your projects to these recognized events. According to Chase Calendar of Events, November is:
- Adoption Month, National
- Alzheimer’s Disease Month, National
- American Diabetes Month
- American Indian Heritage Month, National
- Aviation History Month
- Banana Pudding Lovers Month
- Diabetes Month, National
- Diabetic Eye Disease Month
- Family Caregivers Month, National
- Georgia Pecan Month, National
- Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
- Inspirational Role Models Month, National
- Lifewriting Month, National
- Long-Term Care Awareness Month, National
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Marrow Awareness Month, National
- Peanut Butter Lovers’ Month
- Pet Cancer Awareness Month
- Pomegranate Month, National
- PTA Healthy Lifestyles Month
- Vegan Month
- Today November 16, 2011 is United Nations: International Day for Tolerance
- the fourth Thursday in November is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.A.
- November 11, 2011 is Veterans Day
Every month is relevant to marketing your literary work. Day 19 of my workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days demonstrates the beauty of linking your name to a date that is celebrated or recognized for the entire month–you’ll have a whole month to re-use one piece of writing.
As Editor & Manuscript Consultant:
Give yourself reasons to plot & write and replot & rewrite!
November is National Novel Writing Month (founder is Chris Baty)
Write Nonfiction In November (founder is Nina Amir)
December is International Plot Writing Month (founder is Martha Alderson, The Plot Whisperer)
Read or reread a book – I’m reading Nothing Can Scare Me Now: Managing Breast Cancer So It Doesn’t Manage You by Juliane Cortino (a colleague at Women’s National Book Association)
As author of Love Made of Heart:
I found “Veterans and Mental Health: We Owe Them Better” blog post by Mike Fitzpatrick, NAMI Executive Director
Last year, more than 1.2 million veterans were treated by the U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA) health care system, about a third for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). That is an increase of about 25 percent from four years before, as troops return home from Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Washington Post reports that approximately 18 veterans die from suicide every day. Yet in survey released in September, the VA reported that 70 percent of its doctors, nurses and social workers believe the system lacks the staff and space to provide adequate mental health care. More than 37 percent said they cannot schedule an appointment for a new patient within 14-days.
* * * * *
Thank you for writing this post to shed light on what we can do to advocate for better care of our veterans and their families. I linked your post to mine dated November 16, 2011 http://lovemadeofheart.com/blog/ so that my blog fans can get resources for their loved ones. My beautiful mom (not a Veteran but was an orphan during World War II) suffered mental illness all her life and I use my writings to honor her. In September I met NAMI Sonoma County board member Ron Shaw at the Sonoma County Book Festival. Rosemary Milbrath, Executive Director at NAMI Sonoma County, has contacted me and I hope to deliver my Heroes, Tricksters & Villains interactive workshop to the Sonoma County community in California in 2012. Sincerely, Teresa LeYung-Ryan, author of Love Made of Heart; mental health advocate
* * * * *
I hope to see you when I’m at these forums:
- Thursday December 1, 2011 at Women’s National Book Association get-together at San Francisco Public Library Main Branch
- Sunday January 8, 2012 at California Writers Club–Redwood Branch “Writing-Career-Make-Over with Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan”
“Reach out, not stress out, when pursuing your dreams!”