Posts Tagged ‘articulate the themes you write about (in your fiction and nonfiction)’
“Where Are YOU On Your Writer’s Platform-Building Journey?”
Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan says: “With 32,000,000+ titles already on the market, how do you attract readers and all the folks who can help you compete with authors who are promoters, best-selling or celebrity authors? The answer is in how you articulate the themes you write about (in your fiction and nonfiction) AND linking your name to your themes through your platform statement—BEFORE and AFTER publication. Reach out, not stress out. You and your intellectual property deserve a joyful journey! ”
For a preview of Coach Teresa’s interactive presentations — visit her website: http://WritingCoachTeresa.com, watch her television interview on CBS “Bay Sunday” with host Frank Mallicoat , read her blog: http://lovemadeofheart.com/blog/, watch her on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TeresaLeYung, and, do the two exercises (see below) for Day 1 from her workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
Here’s 2 of 2 of Day 1 Exercises from Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan’s workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW – print edition available at Laurel Book Store http://www.laurelbookstore.com in Oakland, CA and at Book Passage http://www.bookpassage.com in Corte Madera, CA, and, print edition and ebook edition through Amazon.
Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan who says “Reach out, not stress out!” will present “Where Are YOU on Your Writer’s Platform- Building Journey?” for:
- Gold Country Writers (Jan. 18, 2017 Auburn, CA)
- California Writers Club-SF Peninsula Branch (March 18, 2017 Redwood City, CA)
- SacramentoSuburban Writers Club (July 10, 2017 Fair Oaks, CA)
Please tell your writer-friends who live in or near those counties.
I cheer for YOU!
Teresa LeYung-Ryan is the author of:
- the mother-daughter novel Love Made of Heart (used as required reading in colleges)
- the workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
- Coach Teresa’s Blog at http://lovemadeofheart.com/blog/
- her monologue series “Talking to My Dead Mom” (her monologue “Answer Me Now” received an award from CWC Redwood Writers)
- the “Immigrant Experience” Writing Contest
- workshops including:
- “For Theme’s Sake: Edit Your Own Manuscript Before Pitching to Agents or Self-Publishing”
- “Heroes, Tricksters, Villains – Know Your Archetypes”
- “Where Are You on Your Writer’s Journey?”
- “Build/Retrofit Your Writer’s Platform”
- “Help Your Fans Find YOU!”
and her trademark Love Made of Heart
- Women’s National Book Association-San Francisco Chapter (member and past board member and officer)
- California Lawyers for the Arts (member)
- California Writers Club (member, San Francisco Peninsula Branch and Redwood Branch; a past president of the San Francisco Peninsula Branch); a recipient of the Jack London Award for outstanding service to California Writers Club
- public schools and public libraries!