Posts Tagged ‘print edition’
“Where Are YOU On Your Writer’s Platform-Building Journey?”
Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan says: “With 32,000,000+ titles already on the market, how do you attract readers and all the folks who can help you compete with authors who are promoters, best-selling or celebrity authors? The answer is in how you articulate the themes you write about (in your fiction and nonfiction) AND linking your name to your themes through your platform statement—BEFORE and AFTER publication. Reach out, not stress out. You and your intellectual property deserve a joyful journey! ”
For a preview of Coach Teresa’s interactive presentations — visit her website: http://WritingCoachTeresa.com, watch her television interview on CBS “Bay Sunday” with host Frank Mallicoat , read her blog: http://lovemadeofheart.com/blog/, watch her on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TeresaLeYung, and, do the two exercises (see below) for Day 1 from her workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
Here’s 2 of 2 of Day 1 Exercises from Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan’s workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW – print edition available at Laurel Book Store http://www.laurelbookstore.com in Oakland, CA and at Book Passage http://www.bookpassage.com in Corte Madera, CA, and, print edition and ebook edition through Amazon.
Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan who says “Reach out, not stress out!” will present “Where Are YOU on Your Writer’s Platform- Building Journey?” for:
- Gold Country Writers (Jan. 18, 2017 Auburn, CA)
- California Writers Club-SF Peninsula Branch (March 18, 2017 Redwood City, CA)
- SacramentoSuburban Writers Club (July 10, 2017 Fair Oaks, CA)
Please tell your writer-friends who live in or near those counties.
I cheer for YOU!
Teresa LeYung-Ryan is the author of:
- the mother-daughter novel Love Made of Heart (used as required reading in colleges)
- the workbook Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW
- Coach Teresa’s Blog at http://lovemadeofheart.com/blog/
- her monologue series “Talking to My Dead Mom” (her monologue “Answer Me Now” received an award from CWC Redwood Writers)
- the “Immigrant Experience” Writing Contest
- workshops including:
- “For Theme’s Sake: Edit Your Own Manuscript Before Pitching to Agents or Self-Publishing”
- “Heroes, Tricksters, Villains – Know Your Archetypes”
- “Where Are You on Your Writer’s Journey?”
- “Build/Retrofit Your Writer’s Platform”
- “Help Your Fans Find YOU!”
and her trademark Love Made of Heart
- Women’s National Book Association-San Francisco Chapter (member and past board member and officer)
- California Lawyers for the Arts (member)
- California Writers Club (member, San Francisco Peninsula Branch and Redwood Branch; a past president of the San Francisco Peninsula Branch); a recipient of the Jack London Award for outstanding service to California Writers Club
- public schools and public libraries!
How to submit a question/comment to this post or any post in my blog:
- Click on the blue header (title bar) of the post
- Scroll down until you see boxes and fill in the boxes (you do need an email address to submit questions/comments; if you have a website/blog, do promote it by keying in the address)
- After you fill in the boxes, you might want to keep a copy of your question/comment before clicking the “submit comment” button.
Coach Teresa here to announce that I have changed the cover price of the print edition of Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW from $22 to $12.96
Why? When the workbook was $22, folks had to pay for Amazon.com’s shipping or buy another item to reach $25 for free shipping. If you already have my workbook (Thank you! And please tell me how you’re building your platform by submitting a comment to this post!). . . . maybe as holiday gifts for yourself and a friend . . . get another book on writing (like The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master or Blockbuster Plots: Pure & Simple — both books by Martha Alderson or any of the books I recommend click here to see or a movie to study dialogue as I discussed in my post of Nov. 12, 2011) for yourself and Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days for a friend who needs to reach out, not stress out, to build platform/fanbase/client-base.
If your friend prefers Ebook edition it is $9.81
A note to folks who shop only at brick-and-mortar bookstores . . . I support independent bookstores and encourage writers to do the same. Independent booksellers order books through their distributors and if their distributors do not list the book you want, then your independent bookseller can’t order the book for you. BookShop West Portal in San Francisco carries my workbook and my novel Love Made of Heart.
Example: If you go to http://www.laurelbookstore.com/ (one of my favorite booksellers) and key in my name [ Teresa LeYung Ryan ] in the search box, you’ll see both my workbook and my novel in their database because Laurel Book Store’s distributor lists the titles.
A note to writers: If there are bookstores near you, do visit them. Study new releases (front cover, back cover, jacket copy, table of contents, read the first page) whether you are considering self-publishing or not; let booksellers know you support them; attend readings, meet other folks who are interested in what you’re interested about. The feature-author at a reading could turn into a mentor/advisor; everyone you meet could turn into your fans.
Please tell your friends who live in the San Francisco Greater Bay Area that I will be at these forums (click here for full schedule and details):
Dec. 1, 2011 San Francisco Public Library-Main Branch
Jan. 8, 2012 California Writers Club-Redwood Branch in Santa Rosa “Writing-Career-Make-Over with Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan”
Jan. 12, 2012 teleseminar for National Association of Memoir Writers
February 2012 San Francisco Writers Conference
March 24, 2012 Women’s National Book Association presents “Meet the Agents/Speed Dating with Agents” Teresa LeYung-Ryan will coach registrants on how to pitch.
Coach Teresa LeYung-Ryan
Please visit my website http://writingcoachteresa.com
If you wish to email me, I’m writingcoachTeresa at gmail.com
Reach out, not stress out, when pursuing your dreams!