Posts Tagged ‘mothers & daughters’
My first book turned seven on October 1, 2009. So much has happened since. I wish to publicly thank the following people for helping me bring Love Made of Heart into the world and sending her to wonderful places:
- Everyone recognized on the acknowledgment page of Love Made of Heart
- My agent Stacey Glick and all her colleagues at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management
- Editor John Scognamiglio, president Steven Zacharius, publisher Laurie Perkin, art director Lou Malcangi, sales director Debbie Tobias then, sales director Doug Mendini, author Libba Bray, copy-editor Jacquie Edwards, and Everyone who were at (or associated with) Kensington Publishing Corp. NY (so many talented folks).
- Nancy Suib, Anne Shulenberger and all independent sales reps;
- Folk who are associated with booksellers, libraries, schools, book groups.
- My darling husband, sister & brother-in-law, family members, friends, mentors and colleagues
- Folks related to Women’s National Book Association, California Writers Club, California Reading Association, California School Library Association, San Francisco History Center
- Teachers & students in Advanced Composition/English-as-a-Second-Language classes
- Everyone who helped me quietly (the secret angels)
I wish you all a healthful & prosperous New Year!
As an author and a community member, I use my novel Love Made of Heart to:
• help mothers and daughters speak from the heart
• shed light on stigmas suffered by immigrants
• advocate compassion for mental illness
• help survivors of family violence find their own voices
Love Made of Heart is the story of Ruby Lin, a Chinese-immigrant-daughter, and her journey to self-forgiveness.