Posts Tagged ‘August 28’
Teresa LeYung-Ryan here wishing you “Happy writing, rewriting, and building your name!” I am teaming up with Valerie Haynes Perry and Luan Stauss to deliver a new version of my workshop “Where Are You On Your Writer’s Journey?” I remember having fun conducting my monthly class at Boadecia’s Books (I am thinking of you, angel Suzanne Corson) and I am excited now to collaborate with Valerie and Luan.
Please tell your writer-friends about:
Where are YOU on YOUR WRITER’S JOURNEY?
Sunday, August 28th , 2016, 2:00pm-5:00pm
Laurel Book Store, 1423 Broadway, near the 12th St. BART station in Oakland
COST: $25.00 with a capacity for 20 writers
Sign up by Wed, Aug. 24th http://www.laurelbookstore.com/event/where-are-you-your-writers-journey
Join Luan Stauss, Teresa LeYung-Ryan and Valerie Haynes Perry in this three-hour workshop for those who identify themselves as serious writers. The panel will address the following topics:
* Maintain clarity, self-confidence, and motivation to bring your own book into being
* Build your name, platform, and fanbase to hook attention before publication
* Expand your knowledge of the moving parts that comprise the publishing industry and make savvy choices
Valerie Haynes Perry (motivational writer, author, coach) says: “I motivate serious writers to embrace the experience of completing their own books and encouraging fellow writers.” motivationalwriting.com Write the Book You Want—Be Your Own Coach, Listening Out Loud—A Friend to the Serious Writer, Write, Read, Listen—Your Handy Writing Coach; and four novels – Tanner Blue, Painted Deserts, Music for the Dream, and Members
Teresa LeYung-Ryan (manuscript consultant, author, fanbase-building coach) says: “I can help you focus on your themes to rewrite with ease and build your writer’s platform to attract attention now.” WritingCoachTeresa.com Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase in 22 Days—Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW; Love Made of Heart: a Daughter Finds Herself through Witnessing Her Mother’s Mental Illness (novel)
Luan Stauss (owner of and book buyer for Laurel Book Store since 2001) says: “The books I want in the store are the ones I want to read and put in the hands of other readers.” laurelbookstore.com
Click the link below for a ticket to the event and to reserve the books written by the presenters.
You can also call or email the store to reserve a spot. 510-452-9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COST: $25.00 with a capacity for 20 writers Sign up by Wednesday, August, 24th.
The novel: Love Made of Heart: a Daughter Finds Herself Through Witnessing Her Mother’s Mental Illness
Tonight August 28, 2012 at 7:30pm
1520 Pacific Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-By-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories (Paperback) $16.95
Turn lackluster plots into irresistible stories!
When it comes to writing bestsellers, it’s all about the plot. But creating a captivating storyline that mesmerizes your audience until the very end is easier said than done. With thousands of engaging books on the shelf, you’ll need to set yours apart by developing unique scenarios that leave readers wondering what happens next.
In this writing workbook, celebrated local writing teacher and author Martha Alderson covers everything from constructing spirited action and compelling characters to establishing an unforgettable ending. She also walks you through the development of a successful narrative with exercises that: help build suspense, incorporate effective subplots, tie up all the loose ends, and keep the reader turning pages. Filled with essential advice and writing exercises, The Plot Whisperer Workbook will quickly become your go-to guide for crafting a tale worthy of the bestseller list!
Don’t miss Wallace Baine’s article about Martha Alderson, her book, and our event in The Sentinel.
Availability: On Our Shelves Now
Published: Adams Media Corporation, 8/2012
Sign up for Martha’s e-zine; read Martha’s blog! Go to http://blockbusterplots.comog!
Colleagues Lori Noack, Linda Lee, Mary E. Knippel and Luisa Adams and yours truly Teresa LeYung-Ryan will be cheering for Martha Alderson tonight. See you there!
- As coach and author of Build Your Writer’s Platform & Fanbase In 22 Days: Attract Agents, Editors, Publishers, Readers, and Media Attention NOW, she says: “Whether you are writing fiction or nonfiction, make your name synonymous with the issues you write about.”
- Teresa has built her own platform happily. Her first novel Love Made of Heart is used in college composition classes; available at public libraries; recommended by the CA School Library Association and the CA Reading Association; and archived at the San Francisco History Center. Love Made of Heart and her short play Answer Me Now carry the themes closest to her heart: mother-daughter relationship; Chinese-American immigrant experience; helping adult-children (of mentally-ill parents) speak openly about the stigmas and find resources for their loved ones.
- Please visit Coach Teresa’s Events Page
- http://WritingCoachTeresa.com Click on “Coach Teresa’s Blog”